Sunday, April 1, 2012

PRIMAVERA

It is April 1 and we are officially in SPRING! I am so happy right now that you can't even understand. No wonder my mood had flatlined during winter; Milan is a grey mess when it's cold! Now that we have the sun once again, everything has burst into life: the trees are once again green, the people are back on the streets, and everyone is enjoying life in 1 layer of clothing instead of 4. THIS is why I came to Italy in the first place, to enjoy life in a place where others were doing the same.

Continuing my one-blog-post-a-month tradition, this is my first post since the beginning of March, when we had just returned from Venice. Now I have just returned from Cremona, and even though I had already been there in November for the Festa del Torrone, I feel compelled to give all of you an update on my life (even though there was nothing different about Cremona except the weather). March passed extremely quickly, so quickly that it almost scares me a little. If the remaining 3 months pass by like this, I'll be back home in the US before I know it. During the winter months, life dragged on as if it was a slug (great simile, I know) but now that we are in the warm-weather months, life is flying by! Like a dragon or something! Crazy stuff. (I'm a little delirious if you can't tell; I blame the heat.)

the entire 2040/2050 group
gettin' crayy
Duomo
Nothing of major consequence happened in March, at least nothing I consider of consequence at this point. I remember how I used to blog about going to an aperitivo or something back in October, but now I go to aperitivos quite often with my friends so it's no longer a blog-worthy topic. Now that people are coming out of hibernation and want to hang out 24/7, it's getting trickier to manage my money, so I'm having to be really careful about that. On the subject of money, there are several trips I would like to plan for the next few months, the options of which include Denmark (to visit my friend Laura), Florence, Berlin, the French Riviera, Amsterdam, and Barcelona. Obviously I can't go to all of these places; maybe 2, but in reality I'll probably only make one big trip like this work. I'm already going to England the last week of June, and (surprise!) I'm going to PARIS next week for Easter break with my host family! I CANNOT WAIT! Paris has been my dream city ever since I got to Europe and I am so excited to go.

Two weeks after Paris will be the big Rome/Amalfi Coast trip with Rotary, the one we've been looking forward to all year. Then I have all of May free and half of June before England. I return to the US on June 29. The date is set, we've bought the plane tickets. As of today I have 88 days left, and it's truly odd to think that the year is almost over....in some senses if feels like it has just begun! Anywho. May will be my month of traveling so I have to start planning NOW. As in right after I finish this blog post, haha. I'll post again after Paris happens. Less than a week. Can't. Wait. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment