Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Longest Two Weeks of My Life

It has been two weeks since my last post, and not much has happened since then. As of this moment, I have a little less than exactly two weeks left in the US. And these final two weeks will surely be the LONGEST TWO WEEKS OF MY LIFE hence the title of this post. Enough redundancy though. Today I ran some vital errands for my exchange.

The first errand was to buy an international power adaptor which we found at Staples (that was easy!). I will most likely use this adaptor only for my laptop Fabrizio so that he doesn't explode when I plug him into an Italian wall outlet. The second errand (also at Staples) was to laminate my health insurance card thing so I'll be able to keep it with me at all times. The dude who worked at Staples kind of chopped off part of the card so we got it for free.....haha.....

Also on the agenda of things to do before I depart are: buy an int'l calling card (in case I need it unexpectedly during my trip to Milano), get some Euros to use on the trip there, make copies of my visa and immunization record, and make sure I have contact info for the Giorgis and my host district YEO (Youth Exchange Officer) written down in case I need to contact them en route. Most of this stuff is simply precautionary, but I want to be as prepared as possible in case something happens between DC, Paris, and finally Milano.

My mom found a super inexpensive yet nice Samsonite suitcase at a local store, so I now have an extra bag! This is AWESOME because my stuff barely fit in my bags on the trip to Virginia a few weeks ago. Plus my backpack weighed wayyyy too much on the trip and I almost broke my back trying to carry it around the Atlanta airport. SO PAINFUL. Completely unrelated, but today I bought a lovely new watch. I never wear watches (mostly because my wrist is so small) but this one is great and I hope it will be able to serve me well in Italia and beyond. Enough rambling though--I will probably only blog one or two more times before I depart because I foresee nothing of consequence happening until then. 13 days, 18 hours, 52 minutes, and 25 seconds!

P.S. I just found out that I got A's in both summer classes at MSU. Not that I was worried or anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment