Friday, July 8, 2011

VISA!

As the title of this post implies, I now have my visa!!!!!! Which means I have pretty much all paperwork completed for my exchange!! The Miami consulate people were super fast in getting my original documents along with my stamped passport back to me. It only took about a week from the day we mailed out all the paperwork. Very impressed. Plus the visa sticker in my passport is a beautiful green color. I love looking at it. :)

Other than that, I recently found out that my host family will be out of Milano on the day I arrive (September 4). Host parents wanted to know if I could change my departure date, but it would cost WAY too much money to change it. Soooo, I asked if I could just stay with a Rotarian in Milano until they get back. We've done this for inbound students in Starkville, so I figured it wouldn't be a big deal. However, my host mom insisted that they'd just change their plans since it was still so far away in time. Whatever works I suppose.

Not much else exchange-related has happened since my last post. I did start classes at MSU this week, and they have been interesting to say the least (one professor didn't show up on the first day.....he thought classes started later in the week). I have my first college test today and it should be pretty easy. I'm not sure what will happen next that will be blog-worthy, but I will definitely keeping posting throughout the summer! Ciao for now. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the visa! I always wished I'd tried for some kind of exchange year after high school - so I'm jealous! (later I lived abroad for six years though so I can't really complain). Anyway I'm your newest follower as I want to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And that's so awesome you got to live abroad for so long!! I can't WAIT for Italy. The countdown on my laptop says 57 days, which seems like forever, but hopefully it'll fly by. And I'm your newest follower as well. Nice to meet you! :D

    ReplyDelete