Saturday, June 11, 2011

Waiting

Ugh. If nothing else, I have learned from this experience thus far to be PATIENT. I am, of course, referring to the mythical Guarantee Forms. You may recall that I mentioned they were delayed at Customs and would arrive any day now? Well that is not the case. They still have to be signed by the "School Manager" who is inconveniently on holiday until this upcoming Monday. I should have these all-too vital forms by the end of next week. Which is while I will be in Oklahoma at Outbound Camp. Without laptop, cellphone, or ipod because of the camp rules. I do believe this is the 4th time the Forms have been delayed. I don't think there is a word in Italian for "haste." But I guess I'll find out, won't I? In any case, the Rotary district 2040 representative in Milano assures me that everything is under control. I'll be waiting until next week, Italy!

I have been working with several lovely Italians through skype and facebook chat to improve my language skills. Today I learned that there are 5 different ways of saying "What are you doing?" All very similar, but with different verb tenses. I just need one tense!!!! Again, the Italians comforted me by remarking that even they didn't understand their language. Sigh.

I have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment