Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pre-Oklahoma

OUTBOUND CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I am still this excited after camp as I am now. Let me explain: It is now 16 hours until I fly from Columbus to Memphis, and then from Memphis to Oklahoma City. The time has finally come for my Rotary Outbound Camp!! By the by, this will be the first time for me to fly completely alone, so I am excited for the new adventure! I have to get used to navigating airports, cause I'll be doing plenty of it in a few months. Annnnywaysss. I haven't really comprehended that I will be living with other outbound kids for 5 days...but it's slowly sinking in as the pressure builds to finish packing the many things I have to bring. The list is pretty extensive.....application, medical forms, clothes, homework (which I blogged about earlier), toiletries, sheets/pillows/towels, costume (for the dance) and several other items. I'm really wondering how I will get to OK with all of this stuff. I'm just kind of assuming that most of it will fit in my suitcase and carry-on...cause if not....well let's not think about it. :)

The carpets in my house were cleaned this morning and have been drying all day. This prevents me from going upstairs (or anywhere else) and getting my stuff together for camp......not cool. Being a person who hates procrastinating, this is making me nervous that I have to wait until after dinner tonight to finish the packing. But OH WELL. There is nothing I can do about it, so I am trying to get other things finished that don't require me leaving the immediate vicinity (i.e. the dining room).

In other newsssss, I received an email from Milly giving me yet another update on my evasive Guarantee Forms. In case you were wondering, this is the 5th delay of the Forms. Turns out that the school principal is on holiday/in the hospital (not really sure which one....apparently both?) and will sign the forms on Thursday the 16th. Then she will deliver the forms to the Rotary Secretary, which is supposedly the last stop before they will be mailed across the pond into my hands. Also, my school is expected to begin sometime between September 7 and 12, and Milly will let me know about that very soon. I dunno if I've mentioned this before, but my host family will take 1 or 2 weekend trips to their beach house in La Spezia during September, and I'm super excited about it. Which is a big deal because I generally despise going to the beach. But hey, it's Italy. :)

So since I'm forbidden to have my phone, ipod, and laptop during camp, I will be cut off from all human contact until Sunday night the 19th.....! Well, all non-Rotary contact, at least. I will try to remember everything that happens so I can give detailed accounts once I am home and full of new information!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you even used the correct term, out side the US everyone goes on holiday, not on vacation

    ReplyDelete